Herbal hair masks are a great way to nourish, rejuvenate and strengthen your hair.
You all have loved Miracle Hair Mask, and the success stories that I hear are amazing. Here’s another equally powerful hair mask made with black seeds.
Black Seed Hair Mask solves two problems:
- It stops hair loss
- And helps to regrow the lost hair
And the hair that grows won’t be fine or fragile that falls off easily. Black seed makes your hair grow thicker and stronger. Also, it stimulates the dormant hair follicles. So you will have a denser and fuller looking hair.
Although tiny, black seeds are packed with amino acids, fatty acids, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory compounds called thymoquinone, as well as minerals such as iron, zinc and copper. These nutrients make it a potent remedy to stop hair loss and thinning, and regrow thicker and healthier hair.
Sounds too good to be true? There are tons of research articles to evaluate the health and hair benefits of black seeds. And those of you who have never heard of these miraculous seeds and here’s a little bit about them, followed by the black seed hair mask recipe.
What are Black Seeds?
As the name suggests, the seeds are black in colour and also goes by following names:
- Kalonji seeds
- Onion seeds
- Black caraway
- Fennel flower
- The botanical name is Nigella sativa
Black seeds are native to the Middle East, North Africa, Southern Europe and Indian Subcontinent.
These seeds are not any ordinary seeds; their mention is in holy books and ancient medicinal texts. In Islamic literature, it is regarded as one of the greatest forms of healing medicine. And its many uses have earned Black Seeds the Arabic praise ‘Habbatul barakah’, meaning ‘The Seed of blessing’.
Black seeds have been used for thousands of years for eczema, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, rheumatism, to boost the immune system and for general well-being.
Since these seeds are so healing, they are also very popular among researcher scientists and you will find hundreds of studies on it. From diabetes to heart conditions to hair loss, black seeds have been proven to be useful in a wide range of conditions.
So while you can consume these tiny seeds to get a healthier body, you can also use them for healthier hair. These seeds work fantastic for hair growth.
Black seeds can make your hair grow stronger and healthier
Black seeds is one of the most potent remedies for stopping hair loss and growing thicker hair.
It can be of great help in different types of hair loss, including alopecia, telogen effluvium (TE), male pattern hair loss and female pattern hair loss.
How do black seeds help with hair loss?
- Black seeds contain powerful antioxidants which strengthen the hair follicles and encourage growth.
- Besides, the same antioxidants also help to protect hair cells from the normal aging process that thins the hair.
- Another potent compound in black seeds is thymoquinone (TQ), an anti-inflammatory substance. TQ may help stop hair loss that is caused due to inflammation of hair follicles (such as alopecia, male pattern hair loss and female pattern hair loss).
- With a reduction of inflammation, the normal hair growth cycle is established.
- It contains nigellone and other antihistamine components — which have been found to move the dormant hair follicles into an active growth phase. So you will have more hair growing on your scalp.
- Antihistamine also helps make your hair strands thicker (especially useful in male pattern hair loss).
- Rich in B vitamins and minerals like iron, copper and zinc, black seeds provide nourishment to hair. And its fatty acids treat scalp dryness and improve the shine and condition of hair at the same time.
How to Make Black Seed (Kalonji) Hair Mask to Regrow Lost Hair
Of course, you will need black seeds for the mask. But to grow your hair back, you need to make the mask more potent, that’s why few more ingredients are required…..
Fenugreek helps with hair loss and makes hair strong and shiny.
Honey is great for your scalp health, and it also offers moisturising and pH balancing effects.
Fullers earth or (mulatni mitti) helps to draw the impurities from the scalp.
Cinnamon powder has a stimulating effect on hair follicles by increasing the scalp circulation and promoting growth.
Olive oil is high in antioxidant and helps to keep hair damaging free radicals away. And it also ensures shine and softness.
Coconut milk serves as a base for the mask. It’s also incredibly moisturising and nourishing for hair.
To make black seed hair mask you will need:
- 1 tablespoon Black Seeds or Kalonji
- 1 tablespoon Fenugreek Seed
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tablespoon Fullers Earth (Multani Mitti)**
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
First, grind the black seeds and fenugreek seeds to a fine powder.
Place all the ingredients in a bowl; add coconut milk to make a paste. Set it aside for an hour.
During this time the entire mixture will thicken up and become slightly slimy. If you think the mixture is too thick to apply, add some water to make the mask creamy.
What can you use instead of:
- If you don’t have fuller earth, you can use rhassoul clay. Or skip the clays altogether. The mask will still be effective.
- Coconut milk is very moisturising. So if your hair is already soft and silk, you can use yogurt instead. It will add volume and texture to your hair.
How to use:
Start with dry or damp hair. Apply this mask to your scalp and hair. Put on your shower cap or wrap your head in a muslin cloth or a towel. You can also leave your hair uncovered as this mixture won’t drip.
Leave this on for 20-30 minutes, then rinse off thoroughly. Wash with a natural shampoo and let your hair dry naturally.
Repeat this mask once a week to grow thick gorgeous hair.
Buying Black Seeds and other ingredients:
You can easily find black seeds in any Indian shop. If that is not nearby, you can buy Black seeds online (Click Here to Buy).
Buy raw honey that is unpasteurized and unfiltered and retains maximum goodness.
To sum up, the black seed hair mask will
- Reduce hair loss
- Nourishes and strengthen hair follicles.
- Promote healthier new growth
- Bring relief from scalp dryness
- Add shine and softness to your hair
Have you tried the Black Seed Mask on your hair? Share your experiences in the comment box below!